The majority of the data available through the unofficial API can be obtained through the use of three classes:
- Ticker - Retrieve company-specific data
- Screener - Retrieve lists of stocks based on certain criteria
- Research - Retrieve proprietary research reports and trade ideas (REQUIRES YAHOO FINANCE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION).
Each class inherits functionality from a base class,
_YahooFinance. As such, each class will accept the same keyword arguments, which allows the user to make asynchronous requests, validate ticker symbols, retry failed requests, and much more.
The functions below allow for additional data retrieval:
- currency_converter - Retrieve current / historical conversion rate between two currencies
- get_currencies - Retrieve list of currencies
- get_exchanges - Retrieve list of exchanges
- get_market_summary - Retrieve summary data relevant to a country
- get_trending - Retrieve trending securities relevant to a country
- search - Query Yahoo Finance for anything